Taught by Makelab Charleston’s very own Tim Taylor! Bring your laptop!
So you have wanted to design that custom board, but you have no clue where to start, right? With this class I will take you through all the stages of designing a circuit board from concept to schematic to board layout.
The stages of design will be fixed for this class, but the actual item we are designing will not be. We are going to be picking an IC chip and designing a breakout board for it similar to those available on adafruit for many chips. The specific chip we pick will be voted for by you as we start the class.
We are going to go over a few things that you may or may not already know how to do:
Non-Diptrace Specific Topics:
- How to read a Datasheet
- Quick Block Diagrams
Diptrace Specific things:
- Component Creation
- Schematic Layout
- Pattern Creation (Footprint, Decals)
- PCB Layout
- Gerber Creation
IC Types to vote on
- Capacitive touch sensor
- Current Sensor
- Inclinometers (Tilt Sensors)
- Humidity Sensors
- CO2 detectors
- Motor Drivers
- External Memory
This class costs $20 to non-members. Payment options include:
- Checks made out to Makelab Charleston may be mailed to or dropped off at 3955 Christopher Ave, North Charleston, SC 29405.
- Drop off cash payments at same address at the indoor lock box in the kitchen.
- If you need another option, we will have a Paypal link on our website class announcement available soon.
- You may also pay when you arrive at class.
Makelab Charleston members, this class is covered by your monthly dues.